Sunday 7 July 2019

Milk and Honey Quotes

Milk And Honey Book

I can’t remember when the last time I read poetry book.
Perhaps more than a decades ago, the Kahlil Gibran’s one.
I read some other poetry books but it just can’t get in to my head.
Even the names of the authors.



“i want to apologize to all the women i have called beautifulbefore i’ve called them intelligent or bravei am sorry i made it sound as thoughsomething as simple as what you’re born withis all you have to be proud ofwhen you have broken mountains with your wit from now on i will say things likeyou are resilient, or you are extraordinarynot because i don’t think you’re beautifulbut because i need you to knowyou are more than that” 

― rupi kaur

Image result for milk and honey description
“Loneliness is a sign you are in desperate need of yourself.”
― Rupi Kaur milk and honey

“I didn't leave because
I stopped loving you,
I left because the longer
I stayed the less I loved myself.”
― Rupi Kaur


“i am a museum full of art
but you had your eyes shut”
― Rupi Kaur, Milk and honey
“if you were born with the weakness to fall you were born with the strength to rise”
― Rupi Kaur

“do not look for healing
at the feet of those
who broke you”
― Rupi Kaur
Related image
“you tell me to quiet down cause my opinions make me less beautiful but i was not made with a fire in my belly so i could be put out i was not made with a lightness on my tongue so i could be easy to swallow i was made heavy half blade and half silk difficult to forget and not easy for the mind to follow” 
― Rupi Kaur, Milk and honey
“The kindest words my father said to me
Women like you drown oceans.”
― Rupi Kaur
“Every time you
tell your daughter
you yell at her
out of love
you teach her to confuse
anger with kindness
which seems like a good idea
till she grows up to
trust men who hurt her
cause they look so much
like you.”
― Rupi Kaur
Image result for milk and honey description

“i am water

soft enough
to offer life
tough enough
to drown it away”
― Rupi Kaur, Milk and Honey



“stay strong through your pain
grow flowers from it
you have helped me
grow flowers out of mine so
bloom beautifully
dangerously
loudly
bloom softly
however you need
just bloom”
― Rupi Kaur, Milk and Honey


“how you love yourself is
how you teach others
to love you”
― Rupi Kaur



“i do not want to have you
to fill the empty parts of me
i want to be full on my own

i want to fill so complete
i could light a whole city
and then
i want to have you
cause the two of
us combined
could set
it on fire”
― Rupi Kaur


“Our backs tell stories
no books have the spine to carry”
― Rupi Kaur
Related image


“people go but how they left always stays”
― Rupi Kaur


“for you to see beauty here
does not mean
there is beauty in me
it means there is beauty rooted
so deep within you
you can't help but
see it everywhere”
― Rupi Kaur
Image result for milk and honey description

“he placed his hands
on my mind
before reaching
for my waist
my hips
or my lips
he didn't call me
beautiful first
he called me
exquisite

- how he touches me”
― Rupi Kaur, Milk and Honey


“what is stronger than the human heart which shatters over and over and still lives”
― Rupi Kaur


“most importantly love
like it's the only thing you know how
at the end of the day all this
means nothing
this page
where you're sitting
your degree
your job
the money
nothing even matters
except love and human connection
who you loved
and how deeply you loved them
how you touched the people around you
and how much you gave them”
― Rupi Kaur, Milk and Honey

“i don’t know what living a balanced life feels like
when i am sad
i don’t cry i pour
when i am happy
i don’t smile i glow
when i am angry
i don’t yell i burn
the good thing about
feeling in extremes
is when i love
i give them wings
but perhaps
that isn't
such a good thing
cause they always
tend to leave and
you should see me
when my heart is broken
i don't grieve”
― Rupi Kaur, Milk and Honey
“you might not have been my first love
but you were the love that made
all other loves seem
irrelevant”
― Rupi Kaur
Image result for milk and honey quotes


“The thing about writing is I can't tell if it's healing or destroying.”
― Rupi Kaur, Milk and Honey


“how is it so easy for you to be kind to people he asked milk and honey dripped from my lips as i answered cause people have not been kind to me”
― Rupi Kaur, Milk and Honey

“your art
is not about how many people
like your work
your art
is about
if your heart likes your work
if your soul likes your work
it's about how honest
you are with yourself
and you
must never
trade honesty
for relatability”
― Rupi Kaur, Milk and Honey



“the world gives you so much pain and here you are making gold out of it
- there is nothing purer than that
― Rupi Kaur, 


“fall
in love
with your solitude”
― Rupi Kaur, 

“i have what i have and i am happy i’ve lost what i’ve lost and i am still happy - outlook” 
― Rupi Kaur
Image result for milk and honey description


“i am hopelessly
a lover and
a dreamer and
that will be the
death of me”
― Rupi KaurMilk and Honey
“apparently it is ungraceful of me
to mention my period in public
cause the actual biology
of my body is too real

it is okay to sell what's
between a woman's legs
more than it is okay to
mention its inner workings

the recreational use of
this body is seen as
beautiful while
its nature is
seen as ugly”
― Rupi Kaur, Milk and Honey
“my heart woke me crying last night
how can i help i begged
my heart said
write the book”
― Rupi Kaur, Milk and Honey
Image result for milk and honey description
Rupi Kaur's writing echoes of art and knowledge that is seen within the work of these that are writing for years.
(Samira Sawlani, Media Diversified) The honest words of Rupi Kaur leave you unceasingly wanting additional as she writes with fluency and poise.
Her work will send you to past thoughts and realities you might not have known you had.
(Sienna Brown, WildSpice Magazine) "Milk and Honey brings any tormented reader to an enlightened state of self-reflection that may have taken years to accomplish alone."
  1. Milk and Honey

(Elite Daily) "Discussing themes of affection, loss, and healing, Milk and Honey finds the simplest way to attach to each reader.
" (Business Insider) Rupi Kaur's initial book, Milk and Honey is that the poetry assortment each girl desires on her nightstand or cocktail table.
Accompanied by her own sketches, the fantastically honest poems scan just like the everyday, collective experiences of today's trendy girl.
(Erin Herbert Spencer, Huffington Post) "A must-have poetry collection about healing and hope." (Bustle) Rupi's poetry is simple, relatable, gorgeous, and grounded in the everyday experiences of young women.
(Rachel Grate, Hello Giggles) "Rupi Kaur has vision beyond her years ... Her work is simply but powerfully expressed, and viscerally captures both universal human experience and the particular
struggles of a young lady these days." (Huffington Post) "At age twenty four, Rupi Kaur has been referred to asthe voice of her generation."

3 comments: